Monday, August 16, 2010

Welcome to my blog, Learning to Fly Again, A Widow's Journey

August 16, 2010

On May 27, 2007, at the age of 48, I joined a club in which no one wants membership--widowhood.  Eight days before I became a widow, my husband, Steve suffered a heart attack while training for a triathlon at a local reservoir.  Because a great deal of time lapsed before paramedics arrived to administer CPR, Steve suffered from brain damage.  His healthy, fit body succumbed to brain annoxia.  It was then that I was thrust into a new, unwelcome, strange, and frightening chapter of my life.  This blog is not about Steve.  It is about me.  Although I will often refer to or reflect on my 26 year marriage to Steve, it is about me and my journey as a widow who is redefining herself.  I invite you to visit my blog often, to learn about me and young widowhood, whether you are a friend, a relative, a widow, a widower, or a friend or relative of a widow.

Thanks for stopping by.

Mary

No comments:

Post a Comment